A short list of all the things I’d like to be able to do, in no particular order.
- Know that all the children in this country are falling asleep in a safe home with the people who love them.
- Have productive conversations with people who believe differently than I do without any assumptions or attacks.
- Sleep peacefully knowing that someone competent is leading the country I love.
- Know that my daughter is going to grow up in a world that values her as a human being and treats her/pays her the same as it does men.
- Dream about the future with confidence, knowing that people of all races and religions and sexual orientations can have the same future.
- Trust that people who experience violence of any kind will be protected by the laws of this country.
- Trust that perpetrators of violence of any kind will be held accountable by the laws of this country.
- Know that people will no longer oppress others in order to protect systems that serve them.
- Walk down the street without being harassed by a man.
- Look away from the train wreck long enough to find some peace.
Be loud, be educated, and take care of yourselves.